The COVID-19 Pandemic has put a lot of things on hold. Everything from graduation ceremonies to concerts, even The Olympics! However, healing is not on hold which is why CWJR is offering telehealth as a way to help you or your loved one to make progress – from the comfort of your own home!
What is Telehealth?
Technology like the internet, smartphones and webcams have open up treatment and intervention options. Apps (such as the ones you already download on your device) allow one-on-one interactions in real time. You may not feel comfortable coming into our clinic at this time (which we totally understand) but we still may be able to come virtually to you!
What Should I Expect During My Appointment?
- You’ll need a device with a screen, camera and microphone
- This could be a smartphone, tablet, or computer
- You may need a specific app
- CWJR utilizes an app that syncs with our electronic medical record software (but don’t worry we will help you get it onto your device)
- Choose a private space where you feel comfortable to conduct your visit
- Make sure you have room to move, as this is still a therapy appointment
- Wear clothes that you can move in, and that your therapist can see you move in
- Very loose, baggy clothing makes it hard for your therapist to see and evaluate your movement
- Collect any equipment you may have beforehand
- Examples might include resistance bands, foam rollers, yoga mats and blocks, etc.
- Be ready to get creative and have fun!
Rules and Regulations
Rules and regulations vary from state to state, and insurer to insurer. They are also being rapidly updated and changed to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
For many patients and therapists, Telehealth is a new experience however our commitment to your progress remains the same. Call us today at 586-323-2957 to learn more and find out if Telehealth is right for you!