With any new experience, it’s common for you to feel uncomfortable. Telehealth is not an exception to that and we wanted to share five tips for you so that you can get the most out of your virtual appointment with your physical, occupational, or speech therapist!
- Treat this as any other therapy appointment
- Block the time and let family, friends and co-workers know
- Use your own device
- As long as you have video camera capability, you can use your own device such as a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer
- Wear comfortable attire
- Dress as if you were attending an in-clinic appointment. However, since your therapist is not there with you loose, baggy clothing makes it hard to evaluate your movement
- Find the right space
- A well-lit room with a lot of space so you can move around. It also helps if this room has a door you can close for extra privacy and quietness
- Make the most of your time
- Gather any equipment you may need beforehand. Also, come with questions and ideas so you and your therapist can work together to create the best treatment plan for you or your loved one
CWJR therapists are highly trained in their respective fields and with that in mind, they would not expect a parent or caregiver to do advanced exercises. They will clearly walk you through what needs to be done and the expectations of a Telehealth appointment.
For any additional questions or concerns regarding Telehealth @ CWJR, we welcome you to call our front office at 586-323-2957 to set up your FREE 30 minute screening today!