Did you know the human body is over 60% water? That’s why drinking water is so important to do each day! The most recommended amount of water to be consumed daily is between half an ounce and a whole ounce of water for each pound you weigh.
So, what are the ways that water helps our bodies and why is water so important for life function?
- Water is necessary for immune support, kidney function and helps our body to flush out toxins.
- Water promotes healthy weight management and provides energy for our bodies.
- Water assists to decrease cramps and sprains and lubricates joints.
- Water delivers oxygen throughout the body.
- Water assists to regulate body temperature and blood pressure.
- Water assists with brain function as it cushions the brain, spinal cord, and other tissues in the body.
It is always important to stay hydrated and drink a lot of water, especially as we approach the summer months.
If you think your child is in need of occupational, physical, or speech therapy call us today to set up a FREE screening at 586-323-2957!
Written by: Eva Kelley, PTA